In The Beginning

Wednesday, August 18, 2010


I have decided to compete in this year's 3-Day Novel Contest! The idea for the novel I will write was inspired by a dream, had after a week of vexing myself about what book to write. I hadn't even nailed down the genre yet when I had this dream, but I knew right away that this was the inspiration I had been looking for.

So I thought about the dream and the background and the characters for a few weeks and came up with a decent 'idea' of a plot. That started the ball rolling. I knew I couldn't possibly make a reliable outline and expect to stick to it over the 3-day marathon writing, so I contented myself with developing the world's background, people, and monarchies. In the past few days, I've been gathering data, making lists, and assigning even the most finite detail to the setting of the world, Corante. By the time I was finished creating the ranks of divine guardians and the structure of the nobility, I knew this was going to be more than a simple 3-day exercise. The backstory and plot made for the beginnings of an interesting and exciting series. Thus, the Divine Guardian Chronicles was born... today.

The first book, Divine Guardian Chronicles: Voices in the Dark will be written during the 3-Day Novel Contest, on Labor Day weekend. In the meantime, come back often to this blog to read up on the world, royalty, and progress of this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment